What is the rate per hour?
My rate is £35 per hour.
Can I pay to secure your time each month?
Yes, if you prefer you can secure a set number of hours from me for the month as a retainer. Generally people secure between 5 to 20 hours per month and this means they know I will have time available for their work. I would recommend securing at least a small amount of hours to ensure I am able to prioritise your work.
Retainers are paid in advance and invoiced on the 25th of the preceding month with payment to be made within 5 days.
Is there a minimum number of hours?
You only pay for the hours you need. I round to the nearest 15 minutes, so if you only need 15 minutes then that is all you pay for.
Why is your rate higher than I might pay an employee?
VA rates vary, but for an experienced VA are usually between £30 – £40ph. My rate is £35ph. This may sound expensive at first but you should take into account:
- My hourly rate is all you pay, you don’t need to worry about my tax, national insurance, pension contibutions etc. I pay all of that myself.
- You do not need to provide any equipment (computer, printer, office supplies etc) or an office for me to work in.
- You only pay for the time I spend working for you.
- Did you know that the average employee is productive for less than three hours of the working day. Because I track my time you only pay for the actual number of hours worked.
- You do not pay me holiday pay (currently full time UK employees are entitled to a minimum of 28 days holiday per year).
Terms of Service Overview
Working with me
- The inital discovery call is free of charge and usually done via video call or telephone. Discussion can take place over email if this is preferred.
- I aim to respond to requests as soon as possible, at most within 2 working days of receiving it.
- Normal office hours are 8am to 6pm Monday to Friday (GMT / BST).
- I take great care to produce work of a high quality and standard, however, it is the ultimate responsibility of the client to quality check any work produced and to notify me of any mistakes.
Charges & Payments
- My hourly rate is £35
- The minimum charge is 15 minutes. All work is timed and rounded to the nearest 15 minutes.
- All adhoc work is invoiced on the last working day of the month. If we are new to working with each other I may require a deposit initially.
- Payments are via Bank Transfer.
- Retainer work is invoiced on the 25th for the following month and due within 5 days before I start the next month’s work.
- Retainer Hours do not carry over unless by prior agreement.
Data Protection and Insurance
- I take data protection seriously. I am registered with the ICO and fully GDPR compliant. A copy of this registration agreement can be produced upon request.
- I am fully insured by Policy Bee. A copy of this insurance agreement can be produced upon request.
Please note a full contract must be read and signed before we commence working together.
I can just do my own admin, why do I need a VA?
You may be able to do all the tasks you outsource to me, but is that the best use of your time? The benefit you get is in gaining that time back to focus on your business (or more leisure time).
Other benefits include:
- I can take over those tasks you find mundane or frustrating and I may be able to complete them faster.
- I may be able to suggest ways to improve your systems and procedures to save even more time and money.
- I am an extra pair of hands, working with with you to support both you and your business, so you are not on your own.